Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Letter #26

Letter writing topic for January 26, 2010:

According to several sources out there on the Internet, inlcuding www.merriam-webster.com, today is National Speak Up and Succeed Day. Now, I have no idea who came up with the "day," but it sparks an idea for a letter writing topic. Today, write a letter about something you need to speak up about. It doesn't have to be negative. Maybe you need to "speak up" and tell the world about a friend of yours who does a lot for the community but is rarely recognized...write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper speaking up about his/her contributions. Maybe your regular grocery store recently stopped carrying your favorite soup...write a letter speaking up about why you like that soup and asking the manager to start stocking it again.Think about it; is there something you need to "speak up" about today?

Happy letter writing!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I do have a few things I could speak-up about. So I think I will.

I am happy to report that I have written four(4) letters today already.

Thanks for making me feel that with texting, e.mail, and the telephone/cell phones.... there is still a need for snail-mail and letters.

ToOdLeS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...