Saturday, June 26, 2010

Letter #177 -- Bell-bottoms?

What is your favorite fashion style from the past, your past? Did you love wearing bell-bottom jeans? I specifically remember a pair of purple (probably bell-bottomed) jeans and a purple tie-dye T-shirt. I had long hair, and my mom wanted me to pull my hair back out of my eyes with barrettes. Of course, no self-respecting hippie wore barrettes -- that hair had to fall straight into our eyes! (Keep in mind, I was only in the fourth grade, so I wasn't really a hippie.) So, every day, I left the house with nicely brushed and clipped-back hair. Just a few steps down the street on my way to school, I pulled out those barrettes and stuffed them in my pocket. I tried to remember to put them back on before I got home that afternoon. My mom knows that story now, and looks at me with that evil little grin moms get when you know they're thinking of all the trouble your kids will cause you.

To me, that was a fun fashion time. But, a few weeks ago, I came across a stack of sewing patterns from the 1990s...did we really dress that awfully then? These patterns were for a bunch of one-piece jumpers with poofy sleeves and pants. They were rather clownish looking. And bows! Oh, there were bows everywhere. I think I've already blocked out that fashion style. On the other hand, I was in a store recently, and saw some one-piece shorts outfits...surely they're not back in style?

What was your favorite fashion trend? Write a letter about it today!

Letter writing topic for June 26, 2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...