Saturday, June 12, 2010

Letter #163 -- What toys did you play with?

Just a reminder: These are letter-writing suggestions. So many people nowadays say they don't know what to write about in a letter. So, I came up with some ideas. Of course, everyone isn't looking to write a letter every single day, but if you're looking for some ideas, browse through these daily letter topics and see if you find one you like, and then write a letter!

Today, think back to when you were a child... What toys did you play with? What were your favorites? What were the popular ones, even the ones you never had but always wanted? I played with Barbies when I was in about 4th, 5th, maybe even 6th grade. My friend Lori who lived down the street had the Barbie Town House, and I had the Barbie Camper. We drug those Barbies from one house to the other, playing with them for days at a time before we got bored and moved on to something else, only to pick the Barbies up again the next week. One summer, Lori's dad had a load of sand dumped in their front yard. We and our Barbies played in that huge pile of sand for what seems like all summer long. Finally, he got the time to start moving it to the backyard, where he planned to use it. We thought it was horribly unfair that he took away our pile of sand.

Think back to your childhood and what toys you played with. Write a letter, maybe to one of your friends that you played with, maybe to a child of today who plays with similar (or drastically dissimilar) toys.

Letter writing topic for June 12, 2010

1 comment:

Love from Kaz said...

Hi,

I just founnd this blog, and I think your concept of writing a letter a day was fantastic. Good on you for doing it!

I have just started blogging about my own letter writing experiences, and my blog is simply called, 'I love letters.'

Love from Kaz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...