Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day

This coming Sunday, June 21, will be Father's Day in many countries around the world.

Did you send your mom a letter for Mother's Day? Are you looking for a great gift for Dad? You know, a letter will be a cherished present for him, too.

What to say? Oh, tell him you love him. Recount a tale of one of your children. Recall a memory from your past that involves the two of you together. Tell him you love him.

Oh, sure. Get him a card with pictures of fishing gear or snow-capped mountains. Buy him a new flashlight, a striped tie or new barbecue grill utensils. And, then, personalize it all with a handwritten letter.

Don't forget...Father's Day is just a few days away.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you for your B-day wishes and for your visit. I think you may have just given me the perfect gift for my father. I went out today looking for a gift and could not find a good fit. Thank you for the wonderful suggestion.

Tether said...

Hmmm... I like the idea, but I don't have a father. I have a step-father that I received as an adult, but I guess that alone makes it feel akward... Any ideas?

365 Letters said...

Ah, SeƱora, that does make it a little more difficult, doesn't it. But, maybe you could write to him about how nice it is that he's making your mother happy and how glad you are that he came into her life when he did. Of course, I haven't had a chance to get to know you yet, so I'm not sure if those things would apply. If you have a good relationship with him, I think a letter could only strengthen it. If you have a less-than-close relationship but want to become better friends, a personal letter could be a step in the right direction. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...