Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chocolate Letter Writing

Today as I savored my little piece of Dove Extra Dark Chocolate after lunch, I looked inside the foil wrapper to see what words of wisdom were written there.

The little piece of foil said:
Discover something new about chocolate.
Hmmm. That's an interesting thought. So, I did an Internet search for "Chocolate" and "Letters." Well, that got me lots of hits for Dutch Saint Nicholas Chocolate Letters. That's something I never knew about chocolate, but not what I was looking for.

So, I searched "chocolate" and "letter writing." (Yes, I know. At some point, this letter writing thing becomes an obsession.) And, that took me to the Victoria and Albert Museum Shop Web site. The museum is located in London, and the online shop has stationery, rubber stamps, notecards and lots more!

But, here was my connection...the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Writing Set.

Chocolate Letter Writing!

The set features envelopes and writing paper featuring Quentin Blake's original illustrations for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl. The set also includes a sheet of Chocolate Factory-themed stickers. Oh, what fun awaits everyone who purchases this delightful letter writing set!

3 comments:

Okami said...

You definitely need to check this out

Kit-Kat Postcards!

http://www.postcrossing.com/blog/2009/06/29/have-a-break-with-kit-kat-postcards

365 Letters said...

The Kit-Kat Postcard is great! Chocolate and mail together! Who could ask for more?!?

Fabiana said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and I think it's very very nice. I'm also into this thing of letters, pens and stationery. And chocolate, of course. ;)
Nice to meet you!

Talking about chocolate, do you know the work of Vik Muniz?
He's a very talented artist from Brazil. He has a series of paintings made with chocolate. I know they are not letters, but it's worth a search on google. He's very creative and make art with different medias such as garbage, chocolate, earth, etc.
His website is: http://www.vikmuniz.net/
Check it out.

xoxo,
Fabiana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...