Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Letter Writing Topics



Do current events work their way into your letter writing? Have you followed any of the 2012 Summer Olympics activities? Do you have penpals in any of the countries your homeland competes against? Have you been discussing the games?

For the most part, I believe in keeping correspondence nice and non-controversial. I know that long-time penfriends might choose to add a little more debate into their letters, but for less-familiar relationships, I think the letter writer should remain aware of the feelings of their penpal.

At the same time, I think current events add depth and interest to a letter. So, from my perspective, writing about watching the Olympics and your favorite sport is OK; bragging about your country beating their country may be going over the line a little.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Suddenly Susan said...

I haven't watched even a minute of the Olympics ... so I have no opinion on this topic. LOL! But I agree that letter writing should be in a positive way that brings to joy to the receiver.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...