Monday, January 10, 2011

Letter writing topics for week of Jan. 9-15, 2011

Those who have been following this blog for a while know that last year I posted a letter writing topic every day.

Or, at least I tried to.

If I was sick or had computer problems, I didn't get a letter writing topic posted.

So, I've decided that this year, I will post the topics a week at a time. Hopefully, with this system, I'll be able to make sure everyone has the topics in a timely manner.

I will still try to post interesting articles, links to blogs about letter writing, etc. If you have any letter writing topic suggestions or blogs that you think we'd all be interested in, be sure to let me know.

Letter #9 -- Jan. 9, 2011: Write a letter about your favorite kind of music. Do you like jazz, the blues, rock 'n' roll, country and western, classical? Why? Do you have a favorite song? A favorite performer? Tell someone in a letter!

Letter #10 -- Jan. 10, 2011: Write a comforting letter today. Do you know someone who needs to hear a reassuring word, or rather read a reassuring word, from a friend? Send that comforting word in a letter today.

Letter #11 -- Jan. 11, 2011: What did you have for breakfast today? Is that typical? Are you the type of person who eats a big breakfast or one who prefers a cup of coffee on the run? Write about it in a letter today.

Letter #12 -- Jan. 12, 2011:  Write a letter to your mom today. You know she'd love to hear from you. (Note: Of course, all of these letter writing topics are customizable by you. If you can't write a letter to your mom, write a letter about your mom or to someone who you love like a mom. Or, just write a letter to a friend.)

Letter #13 -- Jan. 13, 2011: Many people consider the number 13 unlucky, while others, daring to buck tradition, think of it as their lucky number. What do you think? Are you superstitious? Do you have any little quirks born of superstitions? Do you step over the cracks in the sidewalk, walk around ladders, rather than under them, etc? Write about it today.

Letter #14 -- Jan. 14, 2011:  Who is your celebrity crush? Whose movies would you go to see, even if you knew it wasn't going to be a great movie? Who do you look up on Google? Confess your secret to a friend in a letter today.

Letter #15 -- Jan. 15, 2011: Today is National Hat Day, according to The Headgear Association. In fact, the organization names a Hat Person of the Year every Jan. 15, and you can go vote on your favorite. (The voting form is on the Home page.) Do you like to wear hats? What's your favorite type of hat? Write a letter about hats today. If you can, send along a picture of yourself in a hat.

Letter writing topics for January 9-15, 2011

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these topics. I'm going to use the National Hat Day topic. Who knew huh? I'm sharing this with my readers in tomorrows post.

Not sure if I introduced myself but I'm Sara. I do a small blog on my swaps over on swap-bot. Anyhow, found your blog last year with the intention of using your daily topics and never got around to it.

Glad I decided to go through my blogroll today because it gave me new resolve to write more creative letters to my pals.

Anonymous said...

This is very inspiring as writing is a "job" in many cases for me. I really like how ideas help fuel the brain! I need it. I like that you are doing this.

Anonymous said...

when will the next weeks topics come out > plz ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...