Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't forget...Sunday is Mother's Day

This Sunday, May 10, 2009, is Mother's Day in the United States and in quite a few other countries, as well. Some other countries have already celebrated their moms this year, and more holidays are yet to come. (If you're curious about when Mother's Day is celebrated around the world, check out Wikipedia's entry on Mother's Day.)

Many people are probably trying to figure out how to honor their moms this weekend. The commercials and ads are constantly suggesting jewelry, flowers, photos, electronics, dinner and more.

But, I have another suggestion...and if you've ever read this blog before, I'll bet you can imagine where I'm going with this...write your mom a letter! Tell her how much you love her, how much she means to you. Maybe even list a few things you admire about her or a few of your favorite memories from your childhood.

If you can't or don't want to write a letter to your mother, write a Mother's Day note to another woman in your life.

Send your Mother's Day letter with a card or by itself; hand-deliver it or drop it in the mail today. I'll bet your mom will appreciate a heart-felt note more than another trinket.

2 comments:

Fantastic Forrest said...

This is a great idea. I'm going to force my children to do it! :-)

Stephanie said...

Sadly, I already told my mom that this holiday is going to pass me by... as well as Father's Day. I try to celebrate everyone's birthdays, but things like this just go over my head. Good suggestion though.

(I mention birthdays because my brother's is this month. I've bought him a card, now I just need to write in it and get it set up to send it on time.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...