Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cursive writing

This blog has featured discussions about handwriting before. Many schools forgo teaching cursive writing nowadays.

My daughter was taught some simple cursive lessons in the third or fourth grade, but I'm beginning to wonder about some of her teachers. She brought home a note yesterday that had a line at the bottom for "Student's Signature (PRINT)." I'm not sure which we should put there.

I recently ran across this commentary on handwriting at KansasCity.com: In this age of computers, a handwritten note is joy to behold

2 comments:

Holly Knitlightly said...

Haha! What a confusing thing. Did she end up writing it or printing?

365 Letters said...

I think I signed my name on the spot where I was supposed to, and then I just printed her name. The notes from the teachers are scary (or maybe they're sad) most of the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...