Monday, April 7, 2014

Longtime Penpals



Bonnie Grau of Pennsylvania and Kathryn Blunt of England are the perfect examples of how much fun and joy penpals can be. They started writing to each other 70 years ago, according to an article in the York Dispatch newspaper in York, Pa.

They've met several times and continue writing old-fashioned letters to each other. The Dispatch quotes Gray as saying, "Young people today should look for the same opportunity. The letters are keepers. There's just something special about reading a tangible, personal note. I've never gotten over the joy of reading a letter."


Read the full story on the York Dispatch's website.

3 comments:

wendy said...

What a nice story!

Anonymous said...

One of the loveliest and heartwarming stories about friendships ever! Distance does make the heart grow fonder for penfriends, and there's never an end to sharing what goes on in their lives. I enjoy hearing about daily habits, doings, and differences in cultures, etc.. Such stuff is food for pen friends.

Melanie said...

I love that people persist in writing letters. I feel such joy and pleasure when I see a letter in my mail box. I get a similar joy from sending letters or cards. People on the receiving end are never unhappy to receive a letter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...