Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Book of Walter Cronkite's letters

It seems like every time I turn on the TV, there's another story about letters. I love it!

Last weekend, I saw there was a CBS news segment on a new book that is set to go on sale today: "Cronkite's War: His World War II Letters Home."

Walter Cronkite was a war correspondent before he was the anchor for the CBS Evening News from 1962to 1981.After he died in 2009, his grandson, Walt Cronkite, discovered a treasure of letters that the elder Cronkite had written when he was in Germany in 1942 covering the war for a newspaper.

Those letters are now compiled into the book so that we all might appreciate them. The book is available at major booksellers and online.

2 comments:

~JarieLyn~ said...

He's left quite a legacy and that's why I write letters. I've always liked Walter Cronkite. His book will be quite interesting to read. I'm glad you posted this because I hadn't heard anything about it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I bet this will be a very interesting book to read. I remember as a small child he would be announcing the news every night on TV. And that was during the Vietnam War. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...