Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ben Stein suggests raising postage rates

Did you happen to catch Ben Stein's commentary on CBS's "The Sunday Morning Show" this past Sunday? He was talking about how cheap it is to send a letter and how much he appreciates mail.

He said:
But just for me, email will never replace a printed or handwritten letter on an actual piece of paper. The most cunning email, with moving angels and dolphins and music attached, is not as touching to me as a letter some kindly soul sat down and wrote to me.

I guess it's because I am 66 years old, and I can remember the anticipation of getting letters and cards from relatives - mostly now long gone - and girls I had mad crushes on in high school.
  To see how much he suggests they raise postage (hint: it's much more than the proposed penny), watch the video on CBS.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...