Saturday, July 10, 2010

Letter #191 -- Chevy, Ford or Toyota?

What was your first car?

I bought my first car the summer after my sophomore year in college. I had saved up $1,000, and I wanted to buy a $1,000 car. But, my Dad didn't want me be driving around in a death-trap, so he co-signed a loan for me to get a $3,000 car. We found a gray Chevy Citation hatchback that I could afford. The family laughs at the pictures of me with that car, because it wasn't really the car I wanted, so I'm not real excited looking in that photo. But, all in all, it wasn't a bad car. It served me good for a few years.

After I graduated and got my first professional job, I traded it in on a new car. By the time I was ready to buy that new car, my little Citation had quit running. If I remember correctly, it wouldn't even start. The day I was to go buy my new car, I went out the Citation, and it started right up. I quickly drove to the car dealer to trade it in before it wouldn't go again.

The pictures of me with my brand new car show me acting super excited, so that they wouldn't laugh at me in those pictures. The ironic thing...that new car turned out to be a lemon that broke down before I made the first payment.

Tell the story of your first car in a letter to someone. If you don't have such a story, write a letter about your dream vehicle. What would you buy if you could? Write that letter today!

Letter writing topic for July 10, 2010

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a little skeptical when I saw the title, but I think it would be a fun topic to write about, once I read your first-car anecdote!

winter park new car dealership said...

Well i am excited to see your photo with your first gray Chevy Citation hatchback car. If you have that photo can you please put in this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...