Monday, August 17, 2009

What a delight!

This weekend, I received a letter from a friend I've known for quite a few years. It was a surprise and a delight...I'm sure I owe her a letter, so I wasn't expecting anything in the mail from her.

But, here it was...just a letter letting me know that she was thinking about me. She mentioned a movie that she knew I'd like and a writer she's recently discovered.

That makes at least two "old" friends I've reconnected with through this letter-writing projects. In both situations, we still kept in touch intermittently, but we're now writing quite regularly. I've also made a lot of new penpal friends, and a few friends are now e-mailing more often!

What fun!

2 comments:

phonelady said...

It is always nice to get something in the mail when you are not really expecting it . I love it when that happens . I am so glad you are reconnecting with old friends and making new ones . nice blog .

Nomi said...

It is amazing what comes back to you when you put something out there! What a neat and creative project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...