Monday, February 16, 2009

Mail Art

This weekend, I was reading "Somerset Studio" magazine. I'm always fascinated by the pictures of the letters they receive. The envelopes are so beautifully decorated. I'm usually in such a rush to get my letters to the mailbox, that I just send them off with nothing more than "to" and "from" addresses and a stamp.

The particular magazine I was reading also had an article about "Mail Art," something I was only vaguely familiar with. So, I did a little research and found some interesting links:

Dragonfly Dream
Pan Modern
Mail Me Art
Mail Art

There are many more sites out there about this interesting form of art and correspondence. Maybe I need to make my envelopes more exciting!

6 comments:

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Such an interesting post... Thankyou for taking the trouble to share so much information. Sarah

ARTERY said...

Carla, can we exchange a postal letter?

Terri said...

Just wanted to let you know that your booties were sent out. Congratulations onf your PIF win

Chrisy said...

Ta for the links...off to check them out...course you'll be expected to decorate youur mail from now on!

Wendy said...

Carla, if you want to you can reprint my interview with Barb Nelis. I think she's got another envie swap coming up.

Anonymous said...

iam trs sharma officer in postal department in Andhra pradesh in india.i desired to publish an article on letter 'writting an art' (letter is a document for future generation)in telugu langauge .kindly help me in giving information on letter writting art such a quotations from literature what you have read etc.thank you my e-mail address :
rajashaker_trs@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...